Thursday, January 17, 2008

Milk Fed

It's amazing how much more well-rested I felt this morning after Kirk sleeping through the night. For a change. How did I ever handle him getting up every night? Sometimes multiple times?! The problem isn't just that he's waking up. That happens. He'll need milk and then either a pants change and/or to come to bed with us. No big deal. Quick enough that I don't have to come to full consciousness. But this week he's just been a total dick in the middle of the night. Crabby, cranky, and bitchy. He shouted for milk and yet when Mr. b went in he screamed, "Not you! I want my Mommy get it!" That one ended with both of us up and stumbling around while he freaked out and complained. The following night when he shouted for milk? Of course he didn't want me. The moment I opened the door he exclaimed, "No! My Daddy get it!" I told him that his daddy was sleeping and that if he didn't want me to get it then he wouldn't get any. Then I went back to bed. A half hour later I heard, very politely, "Want more milk, Mommy." Heh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you just described Kirk as a "total dick." Heh. I miss you.

superbadfriend said...

HEY, I was gonna say that, D.

:-)

Bel, you are the best mom ever.

belsum said...

Yeah, well, anything to amuse you guys. It's the truth though! So seriously, you two ladies need to get your asses to the Mpls at the same time so Mama can have a girl's night out with y'alls.

Anne C. said...

You and your son are too funny, bel. :)

superbadfriend said...

It really does amuse. Even the closet moms who so wanna call out their own kids will agree.

Oooh! We could paint our fingerstubs, play dress up and have a pillow fight.

Or just get totally ripped.

;)

belsum said...

Thanks, Ana. Always happy to help amuse.

And I think there's no reason why we'd have to segregate the girlie activities from the getting ripped activities, jess!