Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Absence

A3 only a few hours old

Well. There is nothing that makes your baby seem like a big boy quicker than seeing him next to his brand new baby cousin. A3 finally decided to join us the day before we left, so we did get to meet her when she was only a few hours old. Kirk seemed to handle our departure pretty well. He had some extended cuddles with each of us post-nap before my dad drove us to the airport. I cried while pulling away from the house. I had printed out a few pictures of us that my mom put on the fridge for him to play with about halfway through the vacation. While in France we recorded a short video message to him and posted that on YouTube which apparently was a big hit. He'd ask Papa to "see pictures" every time he heard the laptop start up. I uploaded pictures to my France folder while away so he also got to see what Mama and Daddy were doing. We called him once and though he didn't say much, it was enough for us to just hear his voice a little. Mom said that he really broke down the day before we were supposed to get home and that he had been talking about us more and more each day leading up to that point. Then he broke her heart by going on about how much he missed us. Needless to say, he was as excited about our return as we were.

I kept a brief travel journal every night that I'll transcribe into blog posts. But not right now. Kirk is napping and Mr. b is at the cafe and I'm enjoying being back in my own home.

6 comments:

superbadfriend said...

Welcome home!!!

:-)))

superbadfriend said...

The baby is beautiful. How awesome she was born just in time for you to meet her.

Jill said...

Welcome back! Please congratulate your sis for me!

Anne C. said...

So glad you're back! I'm glad you had a good time. Kirk is so danged cute. I'm glad he did ok while you were gone.

Congrats to your sister.

Anonymous said...

That is just the sweetest picture. I can't wait to catch up (once I'm out of mail jail)!!

belsum said...

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I missed you all, too!