Friday, October 12, 2007

29 September 2007

Another frozen quiche for breakfast and then eventually made our way to the train platform. The ticket dispenser was out of order. [It was the weekend so the booth wasn't open and the automatic machine was the only option. We didn't know what to do if we got stopped by a conductor but there were quite a few of us on the platform so I figured we'd get it sorted.] It started raining when we got to Antibes; we stopped at a bar we had passed the previous two times we’d been there. A walk took us to the small bay

Antibes
and then we explored the edge of the old walled city.

Old Antibes
[I was really mad at Mr. b when we got back to the apartment and I realized that I wasn't in a single one of the Antibes photos. It still bums me out a little.]

After circumnavigating the border we wandered the narrow streets, occasionally stopping at shops.

Narrow
Bought Tintin figurines for [Mr. b] and a large plush Snowy for Kirk. Another round of rain brought us to a cafĂ© for another break. Returning to Villeneuve-Loubet we went back to the shops so I could find a coat. There was a massive sale going on and it was madness. [Mr. b] went to McDonald’s while I shopped. Then back to the apartment to prepare for the first leg of our journey home. Snack at the grocery store. Then dinner at a cute little pasta place. Then I packed while [Mr. b] cleaned. Early wake-up tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anne C. said...

I'll have to remember the next time I'm in France (ok, the first time I'm in France) to get a Snowy figurine for my mum. She loves those books!

belsum said...

Mr. b is a huge Tintin nerd so I had my eyes open. There are a couple of exclusive Tintin stores in the country but we were just at a cute little toy store.