Wednesday, October 10, 2007

24 September 2007

Today was the day I declared we would do nothing. And, as Peter says, “It was everything I always thought it could be.” [Mr. b] woke up and went out for a baguette and some more supplies while I stayed in bed. We ate breakfast and then returned to bed to read and nap for several more hours. About 1:30pm I got up and finalized the inventory paperwork for our apartment. I dropped that off and tried to pick up the groceries [Mr. b] had forgotten but the store was still on its afternoon break. After surfing the internet on the stairs to kill some time, [Mr. b] got up and we went down together.

Garden Party
Late lunch of baguette, cheese, wine, and strawberries, then down to the beach. The water was quite cool and there’s no sand – only rounded, flat rocks.

French Riviera
Boobies! [There were very few topless women around so I never bothered trying it out for myself. The vast majority of those topless were Baby Boomers and older, too! Leathery skin. Yikes.] We read some more then came home and [Mr. b] made tuna noodle casserole. The oven was difficult to figure out so the topping got slightly burnt but it was delicious. Winding down the evening watching Dr. Who on the laptop and drinking more red wine. My teeth will be stained by the time we get home.

2 comments:

superbadfriend said...

Prolly a good thing you didn't let the girls out. You may have gotten fried! That would be no fun at all!

How were the strawberries??? You know I love me some French berries. This place looks heavenly, glad you found time for some R&R.

belsum said...

Yeah, I got boobie burnt in Jamaica from switching bikini tops but not reapplying sunscreen to the newly revealed skin. Oops.

The strawberries were delicious! We couldn't eat them all before they went bad, which was a bummer because they were Not. Cheap. But still, totally worth it.