Friday, October 12, 2007

30 September 2007

We both woke up exceedingly early and so slowly finished getting ready, packing, and cleaning. After check-out we caught the train to Antibes. The ticket machine was still broken so another free ride. I was concerned about finding our correct seats on the fast train but we did it right and five hours later, were back in Paris. We quick time harched to the Metro, thankful that we had the foresight last weekend to book a room at the same hotel so we knew exactly where to go. After ditching our luggage we tested my theory that the Metro tickets were good for all day – yep! So we did a little recon on our train to the airport tomorrow and then headed towards the Champs de Elysses. We slowly made our way to the Eiffel Tower.

Hey, isn't that thing famous?

Occupied France
We took the stairs up to the first level and took in the view.

Hangin' Out
I was disconcerted and fighting vertigo the whole time

Hangin' On
so I went back down and [Mr. b] climbed to the second level. [I guess irrational fear must suit me because this is hands down the best picture of me in years.] Unfortunately they had stopped selling elevator tickets to the tippy top so he missed out on that. We Metro’d back after buying a gift for my mom (Dad was easy – got him a Marina Baie des Anges hat back at the complex when buying postcards) and started looking for a restaurant for dinner. I declared that I was too tired to think in French anymore so we ended up at a place with an English menu. It was a lot more expensive than we had anticipated – we got ripped off on the drinks for the fixed price menu – but good. Just two long-ass flights tomorrow and then we’ll be home, kissing Kirkie.

6 comments:

superbadfriend said...

These shots are GORGEOUS! Looks like you had perfect weather during your trip.

SRH said...

I have been really enjoying your France posts. Quite the travelogue

Anne C. said...

I haven't seen a ton of photos of you, bel, but you're right -- that photo of you is great.
Thanks so much for the wonderful descriptions and photos of the trip! I'm jealous. I'm hoping to go to India next year, so I'll try and return the favor. :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pics (especially the one of you! Nice!), and wonderful descriptions. I'm so glad you had a great time; it's almost enough to console me for missing you all week!

belsum said...

Thank you guys so much! I'm glad that you haven't found it too indulgent.

Have fun in India, Ana! You're going to make me dig out all my India photos aren't you?!

LA said...

Holy cow! I drop off the bloggersphere for a month and look what happens! Oooolala! Yay for you and your romantical trip.