Wednesday, May 30, 2007

June is Merc Rage Month!

Is it against the Mommy Rules to get a babysitter in secret, that arrives after your kid has already gone to bed? I just feel like it would be too much to go out on Friday to the Mercurial Rage CD listening party, even though I really want to. Tonight my entire family met for Chinese buffet and Kirk got all hopped up on sugar and cousins. Tomorrow we're getting a sitter so Mr. b and I can go out for steak dinner and a movie to celebrate my birthday. Then Saturday the girls are sleeping over. The poor boy needs a break! But still, I want to go out on Friday night, too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

And I've already weighed in on this- go, have fun. He'll never know. It's not like he's sick or anything. And if he wakes up, he'll forget eventually. He's still really little.

Anonymous said...

I'd just go. Have a good time, and a nice birthday.

SRH said...

go have a good time. Leave the ball and chain at home and have an even better time.

Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Secret Babysitters that come just after bedtime are the best kind! The kid never even has a clue you left.

Zany Mama said...

Happiest of birthdays to you - ditch the kid and go have a good time!

belsum said...

Thank you guys! I love cyber birthday wishes!

But alas, last minute Friday night babysitters just do not grow on trees. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so that's why I didn't see you there! I thought I saw your husband, but I don't think he recognized me, so I kind of left. The photos flashed on the plasma screens were cool, though!