Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Trimester Blues

I haven’t posted in far too long. Normally I have several topics floating around in my head and I have to space them out. I had intended to put up my travelogue from our North Carolina trip but it’s been over a month now and that seems kinda dumb at this point. Obviously some stuff has happened in the meantime to distract me. Heh. I’ve been pretty much useless by the time I get home from work each day. The exhaustion continues but at least the queasiness after eating has lessened considerably. However, in its place, I now feel beyond bloated after I eat anything. It hasn’t moved into the heartburn phase yet either, which is good because yay no heartburn but bad because antacids don’t actually help. I need to buy a new Boppy pillow for sleeping. Mr. b says I should just take the old one from Kirk but it’s Kirk’s! And besides, why should Child Person Mark II have to begin in vitro with hand-me-downs? Lord knows that’s gonna happen plenty as it is just being a younger sibling. I can feel the expansion tension in my stomach. In fact, I can feel all sorts of uterine movements. Not fetal fluttering yet but there are still familiarities. Unfamiliar, however, is constipation. That was not an issue last time. It actually hurts to poop and I feel like I’m tearing open scabs, which must be the case due to the occasional blood. Guess I’ll have to ask if stool softeners are on the list of OK meds for preggos. Not that I want more drugs. I’m already on antibiotics for this frickin’ sweat gland infection in my arm pit. Which in turn forces me to use anti-fungal cream (externally thank you very much) to keep any yeast infection at bay since antibiotics apparently make women prone to that fun side-effect. And as long as I’m complaining about the functions between my legs, why has the middle of the night peeing already begun? Dammit. I need sleep! My bladder can’t possibly be operating under that much real estate reduction yet. I’m only like 9 weeks fercrissakes! And if I don’t wake up to pee then I wake up to let the damn cat in when I hear her yeowling outside because she wouldn’t frickin’ come in before I went to bed. And if it’s not the cat then it’s the boy and he really sucks these days. He is just mean and a total jerk to both his mama and his daddy. The hitting and the spitting and the screaming and the crying fits and jeez, it’s like he’s three or something. Time outs are ineffectual and we haven’t figured out what to do next. Taking away toys seems to work somewhat. I can’t believe we’re having another one. We are clearly insane.

9 comments:

FEZ BEAR said...

CLEARLY insane. Just wait 'til that second one shows up you won't know whether to poop or wind your watch.

I was just talking to someone about this and it was agreed that one kid is only slightly more work than a gerbil or other small rodent,two is cruel torture, and anything beyond two is utter pandemonium.

Anne C. said...

I'm one of three, so I'm sure my mother would agree with you, fez.

Anonymous said...

What prenatal vitamins are you taking? Mine had stool softener as part of the formula, and THANK GOD for that. The brand was Prenate. Maybe ask your doc?

Adoresixtyfour said...

Just wait till the little ones start tag-teaming you. Your brain will 'splode.

Anonymous said...

Wait, there's more spitting and hitting and freaking out at THREE?! Holy god I'm screwed.

For the other issue, obviously prune juice is a natural way to take care of that, or Colace softeners is what I was told to use while PG w/my son.

Anonymous said...

Can't chime in on anything else (not planning on being a mother for several years yet), but have you tried probiotic yoghurt with the antibiotics? I always got yeast infections when I was on antibiotics until a locum doctor suggested that to me and I've been fine on antibiotics since.

belsum said...

I'm pretty sure that Bill Cosby had a routine about how you're not a real parent if you only have one kid, fez.

I'm one of three, too, ana.

I'll have to ask my new doc on Friday, lis. Good idea.

As long as it's not twins, 64. We'll be OK if we're not outnumbered!

Sadly, jennifer, I think three is worse than two for the behavioral stuff.

Great suggestion, vixen, thanks. I eat yogurt nearly every day anyways so I'll check to see what strain of bacteria is in it.

superbadfriend said...

Awww, :-(


Have you heard of Good Belly Probiotics? It is sold in packs of 4 in the yogurt aisle of the grocery store.

It has helped so much in only 4 days. I won't go into detail. But trust me!

I am actuall yheading out right now to buy more. I ran out this morning. Can't start the day without it. The strawberry is the yummiest.

belsum said...

Thanks, sbf. Apparently it's a common side effect of pregnancy, too, so I'm definitely gonna pick some up.