Monday, June 30, 2008

THREE!

We celebrated Kirk’s third birthday yesterday. I tried out a potato salad recipe using sweet potatoes on my unsuspecting friends and relatives.

Sweet! Potato Salad!

I cut up and arranged a veggie tray myself and was very pleased with the presentation.

Veggies

I had asked Kirk what kind of a cake he wanted and he very quickly responded "White!" Thinking that I needed to make sure I then asked him if he wanted a white, yellow, brown, or pink cake and again, "White!" So that was easy to make. I utterly failed at the decoration, however, and turned that duty over to Mr. b. Who clearly had fun with it.

BAD WOLF

Mr. b hauled out all of our various lightsabers and the kids had a great time chasing each other around and smacking each other.

May the Force be with you.

Auntie C got Kirk a stomp rocket set. This meant that, despite her fancy party dress, A2 was gleefully climbing fences and rooftops to retrieve lost rockets all afternoon.

Holding Court

We were having so much fun we nearly forgot to have cake! The balloon candles were to match the balloons that Mr. b bought with a helium tank. The kids really loved releasing them.

Holding Court

11 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like it was a perfect day! Happy 3rd Kirk!

Anne C. said...

Happy birthday, Kirk! You are a lucky little devil, you know that?
:)

Adoresixtyfour said...

Happy birthday, Kirk!

Chris Hill said...

That Mr. B seems like a loose cannon. I can't believe he ruined your son's cake with his little inside joke. What a jerk. EXTERMINATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

belsum said...

Thank you all so very much! It was a blast. Really.

Hey hunny, remember back in the early 90s when I had to get all the utilities under my name and keep you unlisted in the phone book because you never wanted to be found by anyone? And now look at you! On the internets without an alias!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Captain!

superbadfriend said...

Happy Bad Wolf, Kirkie! I can't believe you didn't send me some of your yummy white cake. ;-) Looks like you had a grand time beating your friends with lightsabers. Can I borrow them to beat up some people I know?

Chris, I hear ya. but I haven't been able to do it yet, dropping the alias 'n stuff.

EXTERMINATE!!! EXTERMINATE!!!

superbadfriend said...

Bel, everything looks so yummy. How did your sweet taters come out? Recipes soon please!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxo

Adoresixtyfour said...

Rose Tyler got to Captain Kirk's cake, too? Very busy girl...

belsum said...

Yep, Rose got to the cake. Heh.

I promise to send the recipe to both sbf and ana!

superbadfriend said...

thanks baby! going to Trader Ho's tomorrow to buy some sweet taters!