Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tag

Ooh, looks like people are playing this game again. Even though lis and laddical didn't, and I'm sure it's the height of lameness, I'm still going to tag myself and do it again. Not sure if I should tag anyone else though since I'm playing solitaire.


1. Grab the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence (grab next nearest book if fewer than seven sentences found).
4. Post the text of the next three sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag three people.

Eldest by Christopher Paolini

At the gate to each tier, a guard waved them through without comment. They soon left the buildings and found themselves crossing the barren fields at Tarnag's base. Beyond those, they reached the stone quay that edged the still, gray water.

Ah, what the hell. If you're out there, I'm tagging Anabanana, LA, and Diablo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I didn't tag you because I know you don't really hang out in LJ land that much. No slight intended, of course!

Anne C. said...

I nearly reached for one of my construction books until I remembered that my lunch hour book was equally close.
It's not cheating because as I leaned back to think which book was closest, I happened to move closer to the lunch hour book.
heh heh

LA said...

I am totally remiss in my blogger duties. I will play your "tag" game. Just gimme a couple (more) days.