Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Teeth and Toilets

I love watching Kirk experiment with his teeth. He takes bites out of Cheerios! I've started making him sandwiches for meals, like grilled cheese or peanut butter and cheese on toast. Even though I'm only using one slice of bread, I still then cut that into three or four smaller pieces. It's so cute seeing him work on a little wedge of sammich!

I think we have a solution to his current insistence upon standing during bath time. At first I tried various techniques such as going pantless and sitting on the edge with my feet in the tub so he could hold on to me knees. Still flooded the floor. Mr. b hit upon the best idea though: showering with the boy. I hadn't tried it myself before tonight. We were both filthy from weeding the hostas. I just used Johnson's Baby Shampoo on my own hair so the run-off wouldn't sting his eyes down below me. I think it worked pretty well. He only tried to grab my pubes once and he ended up clean!

We need to keep the door to the bathroom closed at all times now though. Kirk loves playing with the toilet. If the door's open and the lid and/or seat is left up, he'll start splashing around in the toilet bowl. If they're down then he plays with the flusher. Or the plunger. At least he hasn't start spinning out the toilet paper yet.

4 comments:

LA said...

Good idea about the shower. E is about too big for the infant tub..finally.
Esther also loves the bathroom. We have been keeping the door closed since she could crawl because that place is like magic to her.
Bathrooms = all the good times.

Zany Mama said...

As we're potty training right now, we're all about the bathroom - and very specifically the toilet. Yuck.

I feel you on the plunger, flusher, and toilet bowl diving. It's a bad scene.

Anne C. said...

Hee! I can just imagine our moon-headed captain standing in the shower with mommy! So cute!
My cats will follow me into the bathroom, partly because they don't like closed doors and partly because they know I'll be trapped in a seated position for at least a few minutes -- perfect for a little petting time.
They experimented with TP unspooling until I turned the roll the opposite direction and it was no longer fun.

belsum said...

Wow! Who knew a bathroom post would strike such a chord!

The Squirrel used to shred the toilet paper, too. Since she only reads Spanish, Mr. b posted a notice en EspaƱol listing the punishments for those actions and she stopped doing it. We suspect that Smoe (R.I.P.) stopped getting her all hopped up during his Leprechaun Poker Parties and that helped, too.