Monday, June 12, 2006

Dedicated Follower of Fashion

I don’t seem to be taking as many outfit-specific photos of Kirk anymore. I’m not sure what the change is. Maybe it’s because he gets stuff dirty sooner? Or because he’s not growing quite as fast so I see him in things for longer periods of time? Or since most of the gift items are done, the hand-me-downs aren’t that exciting? Whatever the reason, the last pic for fashion purposes was to showcase his Vans, given by Diablo and Jon. I even took a close up!

Ain’t they cute!

An anonymous commenter asked several weeks ago where we got all Kirk’s groovy duds. If said kind person is still reading, I can certainly answer that. First of all, there’s a lot of DIY gifts. The Enterprise sweater was knitted by a fellow TWoPper. An employee of Mr. b’s added cool iron-ons, like the Ghostbusters and Yoda, to plain white onesies. Another friend ironed on letters spelling out "Captain" and "Hobbit". Then there’s the standard gift store for rockin' babies, Hot Topic. But I highly suggest not paying for those rad designs yourself as they get spendy. For regular clothes I make a habit of checking Target’s clearance racks each and every time I set foot in the store. Just last night I picked up a plain green t-shirt for under 3 bucks. And don’t forget the internets! There are tons of kick-ass sites these days. I got the For Sale by Owner for Kirk (that’s a big hit). A friend got his son the Nixon shirt available here. I recently met a lady brazen enough to have gotten one of these for a friend. So, I hope that helps you in your quest to outfit your impending baby in cool threads. Congratulations and good luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for getting back to me about the clothes - Kirk sure is one nifty dresser! And of course I'm still reading - I found your site through the orginial Pussy Ranch and still enjoy reading about you guys!

FEZ BEAR said...

Kirk is looking elegant and fabulous in the Vans. Lil' Hank doesn't yet fit into his skull Vans so we wait patiently...

belsum said...

I'm so glad I could help!

And those Vans unfortunately barely fit anymore. Kirk has big feet. And they're quite fat on the top so anything that's not adjustable is out. We let him go barefoot pretty much constantly.

LA said...

Those vans are rockn'. Kirk is totally fly.