Thursday, May 07, 2009

Three Things

1) Kirk started his new daycare on Monday. Things seem to be going well. It's definitely more structured than his old daycare but I think that's a good thing. It also feels somehow more "official" because there were forms to fill out. We walked there this morning and yesterday morning. I love that it's walking distance! Kirk still talks about his old gang when confabulating but I'm sure the new kids will start getting mentions after he's been there a while.

2) We bought a new car Monday night. It's a 2009 Pontiac Vibe. Our '99 Jetta, Otto Rodriguez, had been dying a slow death for the past year or so. If it was just Mr. b and I we probably would have continued to limp him along for a while yet. But we're a one car family and we need something 100% reliable now that there are kids in the picture. It's just slightly bigger but enough to make a difference with two carseats in the back.

3) Mr. b's parents are flying up from Texas this afternoon! They haven't met their new granddaughter yet. We're all very excited to see them. Kirk is looking forward to taking them to Target and pointing out everything that he wants that his mean mama and daddy won't buy for him. They're only here through Sunday so the visit is going to go way too fast. And then when they're gone it means I have to go back to work.

4 comments:

Zany Mama said...

Here I was reading happily along and then I see, We're all very excited to see them. about your in-laws.

It's like you're speaking a different language. Or perhaps you are from a different land where in-laws do not suck?

Just wondering?

FEZ BEAR said...

New baby, new daycare, new car. I believe my car just died a similar slow death.

I remember when we had walking distance daycare. So nice. Also, I remember Henry talking about his old daycare buddies for a VERY long time after he started at a new place. His old chum Jo-Jo still gets a shout out from time to time and it's been two years since they went to daycare together.

belsum said...

HA Zany! Would it just blow your mind then to learn that his parents and mine became friends when we met and our dads used to go on motorcycle trips together? :-)

Does Henry still get to play with his old pals ever, Fez Bear? As much as I'd love to set up a playdate, I also don't want him to get confused...

FEZ BEAR said...

Nope, we never did playdates with any of his old daycare buddies. I'm sure he would have loved but, yeah it could get confusing for him.