Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Silver Lining

OK, I've just been bitching non-stop of late so now here are some positives. Last night I didn't have a single contraction! Of course I still woke up to pee...but it was nice to not have to deal with any pains before falling back to sleep. In fact, since Monday afternoon I've really been feeling pretty darn good. Nothing at all like late last week or this weekend. That was truly miserable. I have zero clue what changed though. Was it psychological after my check-up? Did it take that long to "recover" from the barometric pressure shift? I know I've been told by women that have gone overdue that they hit a point late in their pregnancy where they stop feeling like hell and just sort of become resigned to their fate or something. Maybe my body went past its own internal due date and that's what happened to me? Honestly, anybody's guess is as good. I got nuthin'.

I do suspect that next week *could* be it since there's another weather system moving in and it's a full moon on the 11th. We'll see. Every day the little girl keeps cooking is a better chance that we'll avoid the Level II nursery this time.

I've also been blessed with the absence of two common pregnancy plagues: swelling and stretch marks. My legs have just the slightest bit of swelling but its really only enough to give me sock marks. I haven't had to deal with my shoes not fitting or my rings getting stuck on my fingers or anything like that. And I continue to be free of stretches on my belly. I escaped them with Kirk, too. Of course that could just be karma since I got plenty of nasty ones on the tops of my thighs when I put on considerable post-college weight thanks to an unexpected metabolism change. But I'll take it!

2 comments:

Katie said...

My initial reaction to this post is that I want to call you all sorts of names for not having a single stretch mark over TWO pregnancies. My belly is so overrun with squiggly lines from one kid, that it looks like a road map drawn by a 2-year old with Parkinson's. Not only that, but my hands were entirely numb the last month of my pregnancy because they were so swollen. So fine, I'll just say it - you lucky bitch! :)
But really, I just want to say that I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope that baby girl hangs in there and the remainder of your pregnancy is as comfortable as possible!

belsum said...

HA! I rule!

But, not that it'll make you rush out to buy a bikini or anything, I do want to let you know that the lines really will fade. My 10+ year old thigh marks are now sort of white and faintly shiney. Kind of like scar tissue but less obvious.