Saturday, January 24, 2009

Temporal Mechanics

Two nights in a row now I've had beginning-of-labor dreams. They're nothing particularly special, in the first my water broke and in both I knew that the, ahem, butt issues were yet another classic symptom. I was very conscious of the fact that this was It, though I wasn't actually experiencing contractions in the dreams. Of course after I woke up from the first one I was then kept awake by more Braxton Hicks. Figures.

This goes along with my increasing suspicion that I'm going to be going early again. I don't have anything to base this on other than crazy mama psychic vibes. New Doctor and I were joking at my make-up appointment Thursday morning (Tuesday afternoon got canceled due to him having to deliver a baby) that there's not exactly a lot of sample data yet. We'll know better after this one if that's a common thing for me or not. Heh.

My weight gain went back to my more usual 2 pounds per month so I was pleased to hear that. So far no return of the weird armpit bumps that have come and gone throughout this entire pregnancy. And the doctor figured that the weak spells I was experiencing were more likely blood sugar related, though he didn't rule out blood pressure as apparently that can drop due to the increased body area that needs to be supplied (ie my big belly) or possibly even simple dehydration when amniotic fluid is being produced.

However, he also then measured my belly. All through this pregnancy I've been right on the money for the magic centimeters to gestation comparison. I was at 30 weeks but 32 cm. I seem to remember something similar with Kirk, though I can't recall exactly when my belly moved ahead. Now, New Doc confirmed that the measurements can vary 2 cm either side of the week you're on but since I've always been exact, that stood out to me. We shall see. Like I said, I've got nothing solid to base this on other than a gut feeling. Lord knows I don't need to have a premie. But I'm also trying to step up the remaining preparations I wanted to deal with. I found the bin of Kirk's earliest, babiest clothes and I'm going to pull out whatever looks non-gender specific for starters.

  • Make eye appointment for Kirk

  • Make interview appointment for preschool for Kirk

  • Research daycare options if same location won’t also take infants

  • Talk to HR about maternity leave bureaucracy

  • Fill out and mail pre-admission form for hospital

  • Make 32, 34, and 36 week ob appointments

  • Make Kindergarten pre-screening appointment for Kirk

  • Register for baby crap (We're constantly being asked by out-of-state friends, relatives, and people that didn't know us when we had Kirk if there's anything we need)
  • 4 comments:

    lap said...

    Always remember, little girls are less concerned looking like little boys than the reverse.

    Of course now I am longing for the days when my eldest would happily wear whatever I dressed her in. All she wants to wear are warm up clothes now.

    Adoresixtyfour said...

    Lemme know when/where you're registered!

    belsum said...

    Oh sure, she may not care and I don't really care. But her father...yeah, that's a different matter altogether. Heh.

    Ten-four A64!

    superbadfriend said...

    Ahahaha. Chris and I had the discussion of pink sculls and cross bones.

    Can't wait, yaaaaaaaaay!