Thursday, March 20, 2008

Idol Gossip

Yesterday, while I was running down the stairs to the bus stop, a thought popped into my head: wouldn’t it be crazy if we had a pregnant American Idol contestant? I mean, what would the producers do?! And the show runs long enough that if it was timed right, we’d totally see her belly growing and everything.

This morning I was starting to catch up on TWoP’s conspiracy theories for AI. I read a spoiler that they’re going to have a wild card spot for the tour and bring back the 11th & 12th place finalists and also a select few from the semis to all compete for it. Then they’ll have an even more bloated results show – supposedly during Idol Hearts the Children So Very Much week. That sounds pretty reasonable to me. I sort of miss when the semis used to have the wild card round. Then I read someone speculate that it would make sense if they needed to replace a Top 10 finalist on the tour because Carly the Irish girl’s red, shapeless shirt onstage Tuesday night really was a maternity top!!!! Oh my gods I’m psychic! But it also clarifies so much for me. There’s an air of desperation about her that I haven’t been able to reconcile with her punk rock image. Why does she care so frickin’ much about Idol of all things? But if she was preggers, that changes everything. And it brings her hormones into play. And it explains why she’s been so out of breath after her performances. And why her posture is so effin’ weird all the time. Dude she is so knocked up!!

Of course that’s just my unfounded accusation based on speculation and internet rumors. But I like it and I’m going with it.

7 comments:

LaelR said...

Take it a step further - let's actually have an AI only for preggos. That way, not only would we see the women get bigger, we would also see realistic outfits (hello, flats and in the later months, clogs and flip flops), you would not see as many Celine or Whitney songs (thank GOD!) because when you are pregnant there is no way that you can hold those long notes that long, and finally there wouldn't need to be voting off - the contestants would slowly be eliminated by their birth dates, so the one left at the end would win as a consolation prize for going WAY past her due date! Okay - that idea is SO trademarked right now . . . . .

belsum said...

HA! That's genius. I think you're on to something Lael, I really do.

superbadfriend said...

Haha!

Not to mention, they would have to pee quite often.

;-)

belsum said...

She's not wrong...

Jill said...

Did you hear her comment on the pregnancy rumor last night? It was hilarious! She says she's not knocked up, but we'll see.

belsum said...

Ooh funny! I just read the recap (I can't handle all the filler in the finals elimination shows - it goes quicker in the semis when they have so many people to ax!) and it seemed sort of...abrupt. Did Seacrest just pull it out of nowhere?

Jill said...

I don't think he was even really asking about the pregnancy rumor, but she assumed he was and answered accordingly. Apparently she was extremely out of breath after her performance on Tuesday (I was working so I didn't see it) so he was going to ask her something about that when she blurted out, "Oh the rumor that I'm pregnant? Yeah, I am not pregnant." BWAHAHA!