Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Intuition or Paranoia?

What do you do when you have nothing to base it on but you have a nagging gut feeling that your son is sick? He’s been warm the last two nights but not feverish during the day and sleeping through the night. He’s been sticking his fingers in his ears. Both of those things could be due to the new teeth pushing through. The ear thing was also during the long car rides to and from visiting Great-Grandma last weekend so it certainly could have been simple pressure changes. The kids at daycare have been rotating around having ear infections but ear infections themselves aren’t contagious. It’s just a virus that spread into the ears. Kirk certainly hasn’t been prone to that. But any kind of virus is contagious. My internal logic synopses are going ‘round and ‘round and ‘round like I’m a robot that’s been Captain James T’d. Mr. b says he’s going to investigate; his intuition about the boy’s health has been accurate to date. I’m happy to pass the buck if it means my head won’t blow up.

2 comments:

Zany Mama said...

I'm all about trusting your intuition. You're the expert on your child.

Or if Mr. B seems to have more expertise, I'd say go with his gut.

belsum said...

Yeah, he took the boy in and it was nuthin'. So I felt stupid. Bleh. Even though the doctors all said that it was better to know.