Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Pink Eye

We had our first trip to the Urgent Care last night. Apparently Kirk has pink eye. Hooray.

I was feeling like a Bad Mommy because Mr. b was concerned about Kirk and I blew it off as a Tylenol situation. I tried to talk to a nurse but the wait on the line was ridiculous and hung up. After a little internet research I determined that Kirk at least had a sinus infection (green snot, eye boogers) and needed to go in. Of course in the waiting room he was fine. Beyond fine. He was walking! Like taking 4 or 5 steps and freestanding for really long periods of time. It was crazy!

When we finally saw a doctor he took one look at Kirk and declared pink eye. Mr. b and I have never had it before so we're obviously a bit freaked out. I mean, I know it's common and not that big of a deal in the long run. But it's messy and gross and I have to put eye drops in the little man's eyes and give him antibiotics and he's just a poor sick little guy. All this on top of the remnants of his cold from last week!

I don't even know how he got it. It's not like any of the kids at his daycare have it. (Yet.) Maybe from the old ladies at great-grandma's apartment building? Who knows. Time for more medicine and a nap.

5 comments:

Princess Fannish said...

A nap for you or for him? :-)

Poor guy. But like you said- minor in the grand scheme of things. You'll both be fine!

LA said...

Poor Baby Kirk!!!

I cannot believe you and Mr. B have never had pink eye...that's amazing.

Zany Mama said...

I've always been a little phobic of pink eye myself. (I've never had it either). But imagine my horror of horrors last year when my contagion-phobic self realized that my dear little boy had SCABIES. Oh sweet cracker sandwich, I was freaked out - and felt massively guilty. Bleck.

Anne C. said...

I had problems with pink eye when I didn't take care of my contacts properly. I (perhaps erroneously) associate it with colds and now I never wear contacts or touch my eyes when I have a cold. It may be psychological, but it's worked for the last decade or so.

belsum said...

Thanks for the well-wishes, all. Thankfully it cleared up quite quickly!