Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Weightless

I’ve started counting calories. I figure I can Weight Watchers myself for free if I just do it. I’m not trying to actually cut calories right now, just get a feel for what my average intake is. But since I only started last Monday, I don’t really have enough data yet. And I’m also leaving on a road trip this afternoon so there’ll be a gap in the information. I’m not being hard on myself about perfect record keeping. I’ve decided that even if I don’t have calorie info, as long as I keep the food diary aspect of it going, that’s good enough.

I did the math and found out just what I need to loose. I gained 22 pounds during the pregnancy. Then, while breastfeeding and not paying any attention at all to what I ingested, I managed to gain back the weight of the baby, placenta, and water, as well as an additional 4 pounds. No fair! You’re supposed to loose weight while nursing!

I was aiming to have half of the baby/nursing weight gone by my cousin’s wedding on Saturday. I’ve lost 12 pounds so I’m very close. But I doubt I’ll hit it exactly, what with no exercise and gas station food. But still, I think I’m doing well. Once the baby weight is off I need to keep going though. According to my BMI, I was 5 pounds over my max weight to begin with.

I can tell a difference with some of my clothes. I’m back to wearing my pre-preggo belts finally. The first pair of back-to-works pants I bought need to have belt loops added because I need to wear a belt with them now. But it’s hard to know if I actually went down a size or not because women’s clothing sizing is so retarded and varies from store to store, from brand to brand, from item to item. Pants shopping is the bane of all of our existences!

I just need to keep up as much activity as I can manage to fit in a busy working mom’s schedule. I take the stairs at work. I go for a walk in the afternoon around our campus. I try to do at least one 10 minute pilates routine at night. Every little bit helps!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! It sounds like you have a plan and a very healthy attitude. You're system sounds close to mine- I write down my calories as best I can, and I alternate cardio days and pilates days. I'm not going to be a super model any time soon with this routine, but it is plenty to keep my weight healthy and my shape...shapely.

(I miss you already!)

Anonymous said...

Ack!!! "Your system" YOUR.

Ugh, I can't believe I did that.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Quick question, my friend has recently discovered she's pregnant and I would to get her something cool for the new baby !! You always seem to have the coolest little onesies for Kirk or T-Shirts, etc, any websites you can think of that sell those kind of things?

Thanks,

LA said...

Ooooo good for you! WW is pretty awesome - so many friends of mine have lost weight. When I was "on it" for a couple of weeks some months ago, I dropped the lbs pretty fast just by keeping track of what I was eating. I should get back on track....sometime soon, can't really say I am a "new mom" much longer.