Sunday, May 07, 2006

Let's Get Physical

Kirk's mobile now. I wouldn't say that he's crawling, exactly. But he's definitely mobile. He's got this whole system of not entirely fluid movements, from sitting to climbing to rolling to crawling-esque that get him all about on the floor. So he's not going to disappear from sight, like when he's in his walker, but he definitely can get around. Especially on the hardwood floors. There he doesn't even have to stay up in proper crawling position. He can just pull himself along on his belly using only his arms.

So now I'm fully and completely aware of how dirty the floors are at any given moment. And it's not like we're particularly slobby or have a whole menagerie or anything. But one little kitty does shed and hardwood does tend to collect dust bunnies. I'm going out of my head! I'm constantly looking at a new spot of crumbs or whatever and wondering, "Didn't I just clean that?" It's ridiculous. I'm going to turn into my father. He's totally obsessed with clean floors. One poor year we did all our gift shopping at the dollar store and got him a mini dust pan and mini hand broom. He still has it! It's like the best present he ever got.

2 comments:

Anne C. said...

And there you answer my question on what do parents with pets do? Get a mini broom and dustpan. Excellent.

Have fun on your trip, by the way. Hope El Capitan behaves himself.

LA said...

That whole clean floors thing is impossible to get a hold of. I swear the 1 lb that Esther gained last month is all cat fur. Pre baby I was all anti Swiffer, now I think the Swiffer was sent straight from heaven. Deliver us from cat hair indeed.