Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Pink Overload

I am officially over pink.

I’m not really sure how it happened. Hell, I like pink and wear it myself! Oh, I was never a particularly girlie girl growing up but I didn’t shun the color either. So I certainly wasn’t dreading pink outfits for my daughter. She has some unbelievably adorable clothes, like the awesome shirt sbf just got her for Christmas with a gold tree and birdie on the front. And I’ve bought some of them myself! Sure maybe I wouldn’t have picked out *all* of the hand-me-downs I’ve acquired but I can usually make them work.

But when I was folding laundry the other night I just couldn’t believe how much pink there was in her drawers. Too much pink. I mean, wow. I try to avoid putting pink tops with pink bottoms but I felt like that’s all that was left the last couple of times I dressed Ronnie. And yet her father always manages to get her into other colors. Hmm...

5 comments:

Adoresixtyfour said...

My mom hates, loathes and despises pink. Does not want it in any form.

Chance said...

Heh. Just wait til she is 6-8 years old and all those sparkly "Princess" clothes only come in pink. Sadistic isn't it.

belsum said...

Do you have any sisters A64?

Oh Chance. We're hoping that she will avoid that phase the way her brother avoided the Barney phase: by providing her with much cooler options.

superbadfriend said...

I never wore pink either. Hey dear, can you exchange that shirt? I bet they will let you!!! :)

xoxoxo

belsum said...

Oh lord no. So not returning it. One - it's awesome! Two - she's already worn it a LOT. :)