Friday, February 02, 2007

Family Bed

Kirk’s been on a kick this week where he’ll only snuggle into Daddy’s lap for his bedtime juice-water. Previously he wouldn’t have anything to do with him and would only sit with me before bed. Which is great because Mr. b was feeling unloved. But coinciding with this trend is an increase in sleeping in Mommy and Daddy’s bed in the middle of the night. I’m not sure the connection.

At least it’s getting easier to sleep with Kirk in the bed. He’s able to lay independently. He doesn’t have to have Mommy’s arm under his head. So then I get a chance to roll over to my other side or lay on my stomach or whatever. I still worry about him getting smothered. Not necessarily because he’s in the middle but rather because Mr. b is a pillow clutcher and I’ve definitely busted him laying a pillow across Kirk’s legs before. But Kirk’s much bigger now and can fight back!

Kirk’s also developing bad morning breath. It’s not like gas-mask worthy or anything. But it’s definitely there. His cousin A1 has The Worst Morning Breath in the History of Time. Mr. b claims I am stinky in the morning but really, nothing can compare to that girl’s mouth. So as long as Kirk doesn’t get much smellier, I’m not worried.

His butt, of course, is another matter. Boys. Sheesh.

2 comments:

Zany Mama said...

Oh, little boy bad breath. Ugh. I totally miss the sweetness of baby breath!

Complete non sequiter, but Zane loves to put his toes in SRH's waistband in the middle of the night. Apparently it's quite uncomfortable, but it cracks me up from my side of the bed!

belsum said...

Oh that's a funny image! Does he have nasty toenails that can do serious damage? Hee!