Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Kirkiversary

One year ago today I peed on a stick and found out I was pregnant. Hard to believe.

Last night we had our very first non-family member babysitter. And it was the first time someone other than Mommy or Daddy put Kirk down to sleep for the night. Mr. b was more nervous about leaving than I was, I think. Our friend's fiancée babysat for us. I'm glad it was a friend, instead of a 13 year old, for our first time out. Apparently Kirk was a good boy (show off) and didn't even fight going to bed. She even gave him cereal--which I totally gave her a pass on! It was just a great experience and I'm so thrilled she was willing to do it. She wouldn't even accept payment, which unfortunately means we still don't know how much to pay babysitters....

Of course being out for fancy dinner with Mr. b's business associates means I went to bed in a wine haze. And then Kirk woke up at 4:00am. Sigh. But it's nice being able to drink wine again. I had a glass with Thanksgiving dinner and it was the first time since early last December that I had anything alcoholic at all. I am a total lightweight now. Which I guess means I'm a cheap date!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for taking the babysitter plunge. I have friends who didn't leave their kid for the first, oh, two years or so?

I'm glad you got to go out and have a drink, too. :)

/lis

belsum said...

Yeah, I did wait a long time to do the pee test. I *knew* I was pregnant but wanted to avoid having it be Official until after the holiday party we were throwing. Because I wanted to smoke and drink at my own party dammit!

Didn't go out for two years?! I can't even imagine.