Monday, May 19, 2008

Fruits n Veggies

An interesting side-effect of being a mother is improving knife skills. As a result of providing delicious and healthy snacks for a toddler, I have become very proficient in removing the skin from an apple slice using a paring knife. I have also become adept at whittling down a full size carrot into fairly uniform sticks. My current lesson? Supreming an orange. I’ve discovered that if you do it over a bowl and then provide a straw along with the segments, then the juice will be consumed as well!

I would also like to take this opportunity to make an introduction. Mr. b: Internet. Internet: Mr. b. Please stop by. Please leave him a comment. He really, really likes comments. Or go make fun of Steve Zahn. Or at least vote for him for president.

8 comments:

Chris Hill said...

The other morning Kirkie asked me for an apple, and I told him he had to wait for mommy to get up. I said I didn't know how to cut it. If I give him an apple I just hand it to him whole. I may help him out with a few pilot bites, but that's the best I can do.

superbadfriend said...

I can cut an orange in half and juice it. That's about it.

I seem to remember a photo you took of apple slices one day. Or maybe that was a dream?

belsum said...

I'm pretty sure you end up eating more apple than he does with the "pilot bite" method though my dear. ;-)

Here's the apple graveyard, sbf. I decided I didn't mind peeling the slices because he eats way more apple that way!

Adoresixtyfour said...

I'm better off when sharp objects are kept far away from me.

superbadfriend said...

Thanks Darlin! Yes that is the one. There's an ad in there somewhere.

TONIGHT TC! WEDNESDAY. Not Thursday.

Heh.

belsum said...

Kirk has made me promise to teach him how to use a sharp knife "when he's bigger". Maybe you need to take lessons, too, 64? Heh.

Today is Thursday now. Just in case you were wondering. ;-)

Jon Hunt said...

Yay, Chris on the internet!

I'm pretty good with a knife for the same reason. Oh, and also that time I fought off Chuck Norris.

Chris Hill said...

Isn't Chuck Norris usually the good guy? Does that make you the villian? You do have an evil genius aura to you. Or was it like when you were in college protesting Newt Gingrich or something, and Chuck Norris called you a hippie, and you were all hopped up on goofballs, so you fight off chuck Norris with a knife and go back to your friends apartment whose dad's a dentist, and your friend stole a nitrous tank from his dad's office, and you take nitrous hits all night long until one of your friends slips into a coma, and the cops come and it gets really heavy? Let me tell ya brother, I've been there.