Monday, January 17, 2005

I hope I'm not jinxing myself but I seem to have crossed the magical trimester line. I felt great this weekend, no sickness, no queasiness, only the slightest heartburn. And I was hungry! Good timing I suppose because Mr. b was sick in bed all weekend. It's funny how Sick Husband trumps Pregnant Wife. I'm not sure I approve of that. Grrrr.

My friend Diablo told me about another hilarious old wives' way of determining your baby's sex. "A girl steals her mother's beauty." So, considering that Mr. b (and his boss!!) think I look pretty, and I don't think I look like complete ass (except for under the fluorescent lights in the work bathroom--but that's nothing new), I guess that's a second "indication" that it's a boy. I keep forgetting to ask my father-in-law what the latest tally is in his pool. Locally, it seems like more people are guessing boy than girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on hitting the second tri! Don't be surprised if the m/s returns every now and then. And here's a great gender predictor: http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/oldwivestales/. It compiles all the OWT and figures out the percentage likelihood of having a boy vs. girl. Oh, and here's an online baby pool you can get family & friends to do: http://www.expectnet.com.

Poisoned Pen from TWoP